- Dit evenement is voorbij.
Best Practices for Dashboard Design
22 november 2019 : 09:30 - 12:00 CET
Data is around us on a daily basis and collection of data is increasing exponentially. Visualisations help people and organisations make sense of their data.
However, we see more and more poorly designed visualisations misleading the users instead of communicating and informing clearly and efficiently. In this training our consultant will discuss with you how to design effective data visualisations and how to choose the right chart.
Who can benefit from this session:
- Data analyst that are creating reports, storytelling and more through data visualisations
- Managers, directors, team leaders that keep track of their department thanks to reporting dashboards
- Data lovers, data authors, data designers
Topics we will discuss:
- Describe the visual analytics process and its advantages
- Analyse how your brain is used to interpret visualisations
- Identify ways to design visualisations so they inform without misleading
- Identify the most appropriate chart types to answer specific questions
This course won’t be specifically technical but will focus more on concepts and suggestions, so it’s open to anybody, whether the data background and knowledge. You won’t need to bring your laptop but we suggest to bring anything you usually take notes on.
After the session you’re more than welcome to join us for some food!
International Events from The Information Lab: