Pricing public classroom: not available
Pricing onsite: ask for quote
This session concentrates on the administration of Tableau Server, both from a System Administrator and Content Administrator point of view. The session is often best delivered in a Workshop style format, where the instructor introduces a topic, explains the concepts and realms of possibilities for the setup and maintenance of the Server, and then discusses with the group on their use cases, working through options, with the aim of ending the day with a clear set of best practices that the IT support team can implement.
- Understand the system administration activities of running a Tableau Server
- Installing and configuring a single-server Tableau Server installation in an enterprise environment
- Upgrading a single-server installation to a new version
- How to automate backups
- Understanding Tableau Server components
- Monitoring server status
- Command-line utilities and REST API
- Understand the capabilities of content management and how to set up the taxonomy of the Tableau Server
- Users, groups, and sites
- Data sources and extracts
- Schedules, tasks, and subscriptions
- Authorization and permission
This course can be delivered onsite for a group of up to 10 people.